Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Leave It For Bonnie Raitt

Today was the St. John's auditions for Canadian Idol.

Tid Bit of the Day: Past Canadian Idols are - Ryan Malcom, Kaylan Porter, Melissa O'Neil. Past Newfoundlanders in Top 5 are - Jenny Gear (5th), Jason Greeley (4th), Rexy Goudie (2nd)

What I'm Rocking Out To: Bonnie Raitt - Something to Talk About

What was I thinking not trying out!? Newfoundlanders are gradually making their way to the top. This year I could have been 1st - Beth Hardy, Canadian Idol. This year's tag line could go from "Sexy Rexy" to "Party Hardy"! But instead I just stayed home and studied for my exams, letting some other Newfoundlander get into the top ten.

I think I could have done it. I AM the reigning MUN Idol: I got up and sang my classic karaoke favorite "Something to Talk About" and in the finals I broke out my Dolly Parton "9-5". I won a wicked burger king crown, a day at the spa, a keg party, a limo ride, a highlighter and a canvas bag that said MUN Idol. I cleaned 'er! No record deal though.

I guess I will have to leave the song to Bonnie Raitt this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

I'm disapointed you didnt go. You would have done well... A great voice and tonnes of sex appeal.

4:05 AM, April 19, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home